Chow mein, chop suey or kai see ming?

After a big day of driving to out to the country with three kids kicking the back of our seats fighting and moaning, we had dinner at my brother's place. My sister-in-law had made "chinese food" from her grandmother's recipe. Fantastic. Mince, cabbage, bit of this that & the other with soy sauce. Quite different from my family's chinese food. It got me to thinking about "australian chinese food", and in particular chow mein, chop suey or Kai see Ming (and any other so-named derivative) and how every family seems to have their own completely different recipe.

I would REALLY love to hear from anyone who has a family recipe. If you do, could you please drop me a line on the "Contact me" button with:
  1. your name
  2. your memory of who made it
  3. the family recipe
  4. what you loved (or hated) about it
  5. do you make it now
  6. anything else ( special ocassion? same day each week? something fancy? other?)

I'll keep you up to date on my hunt for australian chinese food!