the grass is greener




I do get very distracted at times by my garden and I know that it is not very big (inner city chick), but I have packed a lot into a small block and I love to get down to ground level and pluck the weeds and check the vegies and admire the fruit trees. I am always amazed at the vast amounts of time that I can pass whilst out there. Being passionate about indigenous plants (which are local plants to the area) and productive plants, I have been spending a lot of time admiring my indigenous lawn as it comes into seed. The seed is feeding the bare patches and also feeding the poor hungry birds with the proper foods that they should be eating. Ok, I do spend a lot of time crawling around plucking out grasses that shouldn't be there, but I am winning the battle. The grass is green and the birds are fed! Joy.





Tomatoes are in. With basil. Good. Corn and bean and cucumber all planted. Good. Everything else is going to seed. Great! Herbs gone beserk. Fantastic.

Figs fruiting. Beautiful - love the shade of the leaves.


Passionfruit flowers. Aren't they GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait for the fruit to be tipped over yoghurt. I love it. Must remember to stick some more compost around the roots.


Nectarine...I do love them, however, feel a little ambivalent due to the fruit fly outbreak on it last year. Here's hoping we get to eat them this year.


mmm, packham pears. Delicious

Really happy that the grapevine cuttings have taken off - even the one that looked like it was dead, and then after 2 weeks of bucketing....reserection

I am constantly amazed at what will continue to grow without watering or with just buckets of water from inside. We water only once every 3 months or so because we are basically too lazy to get out of bed & remember when it is our turn to water, so it really is just up to our garden to survive!

As you can see, it is very easy to get distracted, and I really am only scratching the surface here. Too much to look at. Who would think that I have a market to get ready for...